These 5 trends are showing consumers are demanding companies make good on sustainability and human rights claims.
DEMAND FOR AUTHENTIC/CERTIFIED CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY ACTION
– Over 50% of consumers have moved their purchases within the past year to make a difference on ESG (environmental, social, governance) issues.
– +25% of consumers now say they base their purchases on sustainability, an increase of 19% since the start of Covid.
HUMAN RIGHTS AND FAIR WAGES
– 73% of consumers are willing to pay more for products from companies that are sustainable and pay a fair wage
ONLINE SHOPPING WILL REMAIN THE NORM
– Driven by Covid, online shopping has increased 32%.
– And what is the #1 tool consumers are using to pick between companies online? Proof (ie, certification) of sustainability.
CONSUMERS WILL LOOK FOR AND SUPPORT COMPANIES THAT PROMOTE GENDER EQUALITY
– They are looking for certifications, to show the company is certified sustainable and supports gender equality.
PURPOSE + BRAND TRANSPARENCY = CONSUMER LOYALTY
– Consumers are 6x more likely to buy from companies that can prove (ie, being certified) they maintain a strong purpose with the above points.
These 5 points tie back to a company having a sustainability certification program that is globally recognized, promoted, and that incorporates employee performance and wellness enhancement.