As we have continually stressed:
- If you are self-certified, or self-audited, or aligned with a non-global sustainability standard, or aligned with no standard, or do not have 3rd party validation, odds are, your sustainability/environmental/eco/green claims will be questioned and possibly attacked
- This could lead to litigation
This article talks about litigation and delisting and includes discussions on
- The EU Taxonomy for endorsing planes and ships that use weak standards
- Major food and drink companies that are making misleading claims about recycling
- London Metal Exchange delisting 10% of its members
Bottom line, if you are going to make claims, get certified under a globally-respected program that includes 3rd party auditing as part of the certification process.
Contact us with questions.