Consistent with dozens upon dozens of other studies, an EY Study reports that companies that act on climate change are enjoying higher revenue growth and earnings. Some of the key findings:
- Value of opportunity for businesses due to their sustainability effort (US$2.1t) is 7x the cost (US$311b).
- Let’s say that again – Besides helping the planet, sustainability initiatives are delivering a 7x ROI. Regardless of the planetary value, what other program does your company have that is delivering a 7x ROI?
- Companies with sustainability programs are 240% more likely to report higher-than-expected financial value….driven by their climate initiatives
- 69% of these companies are even exceeding their own expectations on financial value derived from their climate initiatives
- 71% of these companies are exceeding their own expectations on societal value
- 67% of these companies are exceeding their own expectations on employee value
- 65% of these companies are exceeding their own expectations on customer value
- And, 69% of these companies are exceeding their own expectations on planetary value
- 68% of sustainable companies are demanding their vendors be sustainable. So, regardless of if you lead or follow, you will have a choice to make.
- 74% of institutional investors are likely to divest a company with poor ESG performance.
No matter what your company does, no matter how small it is, no matter how little you have done so far, starting now is better than starting tomorrow; both for the planet and for your bottom line. Watch this master class and contact us.